Minion nails Tutorial

I shot this minion nails tutorial for day 3 of the 31 Day Challenge. I dont love the color yellow and wasn,t feeling inspried so u googled "awesome yellow things" (what a creative process, hey?) and was bombarded with photos of minions. You guys have been requesting a minion nails tutorial for ages so it much have been destiny: I love the finished result and everybody who noticed them on my nails gave me the biggest smile:

In this tutorial I used American Apparel in Sunshine State, Joe Fresh in Cobalt, Sally hansen Extreme Wear in White On and Black Out, Rimmel 60 seconds in Grey Matter, Seche Vite Top Coat and OPI Nail Envy base coat.

minion-nails-tutorial



Tips & Tricks




  •  The big dots for the eye can take a while to dry, but make sure you wait or the black will bleed into the white.

  • if you don,t have a dotting tool, trying useing a large round stud earring

  • Wait longer than you think before you apply top coat. I got impatient and smeared my little minions face:

  • I used a thin striping brush for the mouth and goggle straps, but you can also use a toothpick.


minion-nails


The finished product.

Post a Comment